Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of PCV
*Can spread to people who come in contact with sick/healthy people who carry this bacteria 90 types of pneumococcal bacteria
new pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13)
protects against 13 of them Prevnar 13 Route: Injection
Intramuscular injections only
Deltoid- toddlers, young children, & adults Route of the Vaccine &
the recommended site Center for Disease Control & Prevention (2012)
Pneumococcal Disease(PVC) Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/vis/downloads/vis-pcv.pdf
National Network for Immunization (2010) Pneumococcal Disease (PVC) Retrieved from http://www.immunizationinfo.org/vaccines/pneumococcal-disease
National Center for Immunization & Respiratory Diseases (2012) Pneumococcal Disease (PVC) Retrieved from http://www.immunize.org/vis/vis-pcv.pdf
Physicians Desk Reference. (2011). Product Labeling: Prevnar 13. Retrieved from
http://www.pdr.net/drugpages/concisemonograph.aspx?concise=1589 References neumococcal onjugate accine Map 115
Mrs. Torres Infections can be mild or severe.
The most common are:
Meningitis Less common but more serious : Lung[pneumonia], central nervous system, [meningitis] & (blood stream [bacterium]). Mostly common in infants, toddlers, smokers, and the elderly Only used in children 6 weeks through 5 years for prevention of the disease & ear infections & for adults older then 50yrs old. Not 100% effective. It only helps protect against the 13 strains included in the vaccine. pneumococcal infections caused:
• over 700 cases of meningitis,
• 13,000 blood infections,
• about 5 million ear infections,
• about 200 deaths annually in the United States in children under five. FACTS History of Pneumococci TIME FRAME