Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of IRONY
occurs when the speaker says ONE THING
but really means the OPPOSITE.
Verbal irony is most commonly known as SARCASM or sometimes
BUT THIS IS WRONG!
Situational irony occurs when the OUTCOME of an event is the OPPOSITE of what you would expect.
Situational irony is the most COMMON form of irony.
Dramatic irony occurs when the AUDIENCE of a play (or short story) knows more than the CHARACTERS.
Dramatic irony is a MISNOMER because it suggests it only occurs during DRAMAS but it can also be present in STORIES, NOVELS, MEMOIRS, ETC.
zoom in, and add details to these Frames
The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
Physical irony occurs when the CAPTION OF A PICTURE is not what you'd expect it to be.
Physical irony is the NEWEST form of irony and has not fully expanded to LITERATURE.