Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Common Core - Math: Planning Resources
Transcript of Common Core - Math: Planning Resources
understand and be able to do - large grouping of related standards CC Alignment to
2005 Standards Planning Guide THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE TAUGHT DOMAINS AND CLUSTERS
4. OA - Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Use the four operations with whole numbers to solve problems.
Gain familiarity with factors and multiples.
Generate and analyze patterns.
4. NBT - Number and Operations in Base Ten
Generalize place value understanding for multi-digit whole numbers.
Use place value understanding and properties of operations to perform multi-digit arithmetic.
4. NF - Number and Operations—Fractions
Extend understanding of fraction equivalence and ordering.
Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers.
Understand decimal notation for fractions, and compare decimal fractions.
4. MD - Measurement and Data
Solve problems involving measurement and conversion of measurements from a larger unit to a smaller unit.
Represent and interpret data.
Geometric measurement: understand concepts of angle and measure angles.
4. G - Geometry
Draw and identify lines and angles, and classify shapes by properties of their lines and angles. Domain Domain Domain Domain Domain Clusters Each grade-level has the same 4 Domains:
- Operations and algebraic thinking
- Number and operations in Base Ten
- Measurement and data
- Geometry Counting and Cardinality
was added to kindergarten Number and operations - Fractions
was added to grades 3,4,& 5 Several documents were created to help with the implementation of the Common Core Standards The document shows the similarities and differences between the 2005 NYS Standards and the New Common Core Standards This document provides a quick overview of the standards to be taught and in which quarter they should, or could, be taught. This document organizes the standards into units. An estimate for how long each unit will take and when it should be taught is provided.
The % column indicates how much emphasis should be placed on each standard 70% = Major Cluster
- area of intensive focus 20% = Supporting Cluster
- rethinking and linking 10% = Additional Cluster
- exposure Lessons that either directly or indirectly relate to a standard are provided This document provides detailed examples for the standards The Atlas curriculum software
provides / will provide ATLAS Curriculum Mapping - Units for the standards
with pacing information - Resources with live links
and detailed examples - Vocabulary - Content & Skills The resource documents can be found on the G drive and on Inside shen Available Resources Those documents and other helpful links can be found on the Common Core page of my website at:
http://www.shenet.org/tesago/Pyattaw/pyCommonCoreStandads.htm Domain Domain Domain Domain Domain Clusters Clusters Clusters Cluster - small grouping of related standards Domain Cluster Cluster Standard Standard Standard Standard Standard Cluster This is the main screen in ATLAS. Just select a unit in the left column to view the details for that unit.