Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Enterprise Information System
Transcript of Enterprise Information System
read amount of energy used
inform power plant as to the forecast of the amount of energy they can produce Guarantee the continuation and the security of electricity supply Transport high & medium voltage SCADA system Substation list CRM how to combine all necessary data from different sources?? SCADA CRM SGC db
Transformer Center (CT) list
Customer Street list Distributor "to support the business processes of an organization across any functional boundaries that exist within that organization" (Bocij et al. 2008, p.232) final result of a series of integrated software modules and databases which are commonly used in different units within an organization combines the most important functionalities and creates a new approach for communicating and sharing information to achieve higher expediencies a combination of different communication channels to form one distinct network in which information is gathered and distributed
(Dunn et al. 2005) Five objectives of requirements that would contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness integration of the new system (Flynn, 1992):
(1) Capability functional nonfunctional create bridges between interconnected companies to enable communication due to data exchange feasibility Nonfunctional requirements can be divided into those that relate to usability, reusability, reliability, performance, efficiency, and supportability (Ghezzi et al., 2003; Lethbridge and Laganiere, 2001; Maciaszek and Liong, 2005 cited by Maciaszek, 2007) provides an overview of a business process where it shows how an organization works within its boundaries to create values by managing its structure (Bustard et al., 2000) why BPMN
??? BPMN has the capacity to illustrate an end-to-end business process modeling with its wide variant of notations and is used as a standard notation for mapping in most organizations (Juric, 2008) Spanish electrical system
activity diagram Mashups possible
approaches API Application Data Center Data Center use latest technology
new management strategies
improve security time consuming
cost inefficient a centralized repository for storage and management of data in a certain organization scope and managed internally API Application a series of instruction of standards for communicating and accessing each other time consuming
cost inefficient use latest technology
decrease integration issue
managed internally Resources Widget Mashups Problem Requirement Approach Design Proposed
Solution Business-IT alignment is more on how to adjust IT with business strategies in order to achieve business needs and goals (Luftman, 2000) Business-IT Allignment Competitive
Advantage Competitive advantage occurs when a company is able
to produce a premium product in every aspect
that is important for customers' concern (Alter, 1999) The business strategies to reduce cost and locking customers
are obvious, while the IT strategy to give a technological support to align with the business strategies by actualizing an approach (2) Iberdrola (3) Gas Natural Fenosa (2) Communication (3) Control (4) Cost (5) Competitive Advantage Enterprise Information Systems (EIS)
Electrical System substation Business Process Modelling marketer Mashups new approach of web application that combines data and services from external resources to create a new functionality that serves within the web (Sheong, 2008) (Hoyer et al., 2011) user orientation operational
perspective dependency on
API provider control over quality & application features ownership &
security storage space (Hoyer et al., 2011) SCADA Distributor CRM competitive advantage