Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tap Dance 10 Facts
Transcript of Tap Dance 10 Facts
Tap Dance was created in the mid 1800s, by Irish step-dancers!
Metal taps for the shoes were introduced in 1915
Gene Kelly was the first one to combine different dance forms into Tap Dance, making it more popular.
Every year, around 6,000 tap dancers tap dance through the streets of New York City in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Hoofers are tap dancers that use mostly their legs which makes a louder sound.
Some people tap dance to music like fast jazz, and even slow music.
National Tap Day is May 24th.
Steve Condos was the master in rhythmic tap. His innovative style influenced the work of many famous hoofers.
Fred Astaire was one of the best and one of the first modern tap dancers.
It's time for...
One of the greatest dance styles of all time...
Coming to you live from THIS BOARD...
ITS THE TAP DANCE SHOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!
Unfortunatley, today we only have time for 10 facts. No dancing today folks!
HEY! This will be cool and fun!