Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Factors Influencing Climate
Transcript of Factors Influencing Climate
Temperature of the troposphere decreases at a rate of 6.5 degrees Celsius per kilometer increase in altitude.
Global Wind Patterns
The Coriolis Effect - the deflection in a fluid moving above the earth's surface due to the earth's rotation
Warm water currents move from the equator toward the poles. Cold water currents move from the poles toward the equator. The temperature of the currents along the coastline has an influence on the area's climate.
Areas along the coast have wetter climates with milder temperatures than inland areas with similar latitudes.