Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Figures of Speech" Lesson Plan
Transcript of "Figures of Speech" Lesson Plan
Students with Accommodations
Standard, Goal, and Objectives
ELACC9-10L5: Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
a. Interpret figures of speech (e.g., euphemism, oxymoron) in context and analyze their role in the text.
Students will understand and be able to use figures of speech.
When given eight sentences, students will be able to identify which figure of speech is being used with 100% accuracy.
Students will create eight sentences that properly use eight different figures of speech.
Format of the Lesson
Direct instruction with follow-up small group work
Bell-ringer/ Journal (10-15 minutes)
Activity (worksheet) (30-45 minutes)
Materials for the Lesson