Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"Figures of Speech" Lesson Plan
Transcript of "Figures of Speech" Lesson Plan
Students with Accommodations
Standard, Goal, and Objectives
ELACC9-10L5: Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
a. Interpret figures of speech (e.g., euphemism, oxymoron) in context and analyze their role in the text.
Students will understand and be able to use figures of speech.
When given eight sentences, students will be able to identify which figure of speech is being used with 100% accuracy.
Students will create eight sentences that properly use eight different figures of speech.
Format of the Lesson
Direct instruction with follow-up small group work
Bell-ringer/ Journal (10-15 minutes)
Activity (worksheet) (30-45 minutes)
Materials for the Lesson