Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of William Bonin
- picked up hitchhikers and students
- Police officers tailing his van observed him trying to pick up five different young boys
- succeeding with a 15-year-old boy.
-They watched as Bonin drove to a deserted beach parking lot
-they were able to arrest Bonin in the process of sodomizing the teenager.
-Tape and rope similar to that which bound his victims was found in the van, as well as William's scrapbook for Freeway Killer stories.
-Charged with 14 counts out of 21 accused
-On February 23, 1996 Bonin was executed by lethal injection
-San Quentin State Prison.
-Bonin was the first California inmate to be executed by lethal injection. Childhood -Second of three brothers
-Father was a compulsive gambler and alcoholic
-Mother also an alcoholic leaving Bonin and brother w/ grandfather who was a convicted child molester.
- Bonin was abused and neglected by parents and grandfather
- At age 6 he was placed in an orphanage, remained there until he was 9.
-At the age of 10, Bonin was arrested for stealing license plates and ended up in a juvenile detention center Birthplace & Date Born on January 8th 1947 1.Marcus Grabs 17 years old (x77 stabs)
2.Donald Hyden 15 (Ligature)
3.David Murillo 17 (Ligature)
4.Dennis Frank 17 (Strangulation)
5.Charles Miranda 15 (Strangulation)
6.James McCabe 12 (Bludgeoned)
7.Ronald Gatlin 19 (Ligature)
8.Harry Todd Turner 14 (Ligature)
9.Glenn Barker 14 (Strangulation)
10.Russel Rugh 15 (Strangulation)
11.Steven Wood 16 (Ligature)
12.Darin Lee Kendrick 19 (Ice pick)
13.Lawrence Sharp 17 (Strangulation)
14.Steven Jay wells 18 (Strangulation)
-Vernon Butts "accused of six of the murders, but he hung himself awaiting trial."
-Gregory Miley "Plead guilty to one murder, sentenced to 25 years to life and currently in prison."
-James Munro "Plead guilty to one murder, sentenced to 15 years to life, still in prison, but trying to appeal claiming he was tricked into a plea bargain." -Two large pepperoni and sausage pizzas, three pints of coffee ice cream and three six -packs of regular Coca Cola. - Willimantic, Connecticut -"That I feel the death penalty is not an answer to the problems at hand. That I feel it sends the wrong message to the youth of the country. Young people act as they see other people acting instead of as people tell them to act. And I would suggest that when a person has a thought of doing anything serious against the law, that before they did, that they should go to a quiet place and think about it seriously." Victims 1979-1980