Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Science Investigation
2. Add a piece of masking tape on the outside of the glass to mark the liquid level
3. Measure the temperature of the liquid once added to the glass
4. Measure how much time it takes before liquid causes the tablet to react
5. Repeat for each liquid Results Reaction Time (secs)
Boiling Hot Water: 19 secs
Ice Cold Water: 25 secs
Soda: 58 secs
Vinegar: 50 secs
Juice: 28 secs Discussion BOILING WATER: This liquid causeed a quicker reaction because of the boiling temperature. The Alka-Seltzer tablet sunk to the bottom of the glass and then floated to the top 12 seconds after the tablet was placed in the glass.
ICE WATER: This liquid’s reaction was quick but not as quick as the boiling water since the temperature was colder. The Alka-Seltzer tablet sunk to the bottom of the glass and then floated to the top a few seconds after the tablet was placed in the glass.
SODA: This liquid reaction wasn’t quick at all. I thought this liquid would cause a quicker reaction since it contains acid which would allow the tablet to fizz faster but it didn’t.
VINEGAR: This liquid reaction wasn’t quick. The Alka-Seltzer tablet sunk to the bottom and floated to the top. It wasn’t until after several seconds that the tablet started to dissolve
JUICE:This liquid reaction was quick. I used orange juice. Since oranges are naturally grown and contain a natural ingredient I thought that would make the tablet dissolve faster. Fizzy Wizzy
Period 5 Hypothesis Alka-Seltzer tablets will cause a quicker reaction when mixed with a liquid that contains some sort of acid or natural ingredients with a hot temperature. Alka-Seltzer is used for relief of upset stomach, heartburn, acid indigestion and headache. But what happens when Alka-Seltzer is mixed with different liquids. What happens when Alka-Seltzer is mixed with different liquid? How does the temperature affect the results? Which type of liquid will cause a quicker reaction? How long does it take for the Alka-Seltzer tablets to completely dissolve in the liquids? References Plop, Plop, Fizz Fast: The Effect of Temperature on Reaction Time
http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-projects/project_ideas/Chem_p027.shtml#procedure THE END