Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cancer Rates in New England
Transcript of Cancer Rates in New England
High Rates of Skin Cancer
You and your groupmates will create a Prezi showing various cancer statistics in the region, analyze the causes for cancer in the region, and come up with a plan to stop cancer once and for all!
Cancer rates in the six New England states are higher than the national average. Your job will be to analyze the cancer rates in the region and figure out why so many New Englanders contract cancer each year.
For example, you and your groupmates will look at the high rates of skin cancer in the six New England states and come up with a reason as to why so many New Englanders are vulnerable to this type of cancer. Is it a case of lack of sun screen use? Excessive use of tanning beds? A combination of the two? Or neither?
If cancer rates are down across the United States, why are New England's rates still so high?