Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of John Dewey
Each child learns at their own pace and their own style.
"I believe that the only true education comes through the stimulation of the child's powers by the demands of the social situations in which he finds himself"
Students need educational experiences
which enable them to become valued,
equal, and responsible members of society.
pre-pared them for the working class family/life
encourage the children to get involved with the community.
Keep children moving and active!
Education and life are interrelated, not separate.
Children learn best by doing, by acting on the world.
Continuity of experience is essential to growth.
“Learning By Doing”
daily life jobs
A) Moves the learner from one experience
to the next with deeper understanding
of its relationships with and connections
to other experiences and ideas.
B) The thread that makes continuity of
C) It insures the progress of the
individual and the service.
D) It is a means to essentially moral
Rigorous Way of Thinking
Reflection needs to happen
through interaction with
Reflection requires attitudes that
value the personal and intellectual
growth of oneself and others
Naming the problem(s) or the question(s) that arise out of the experience
Generating possible explanations for the problem(s) or question(s) posed (reasons)
Spontaneous interpretation of the experience
SIX PHASES OF REFLECTION
Develop the explanations
into full-blown hypotheses
Experimenting or testing
the selected hypotheses
SIGNIFICANT ATTITUDES RELATED TO THE
5. Intercultural communication skills
7. Ability to take risks/act/experiment
8. Active seeking of feedback and