Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Subjects and Predicates
Transcript of Copy of Subjects and Predicates
Define subject and predicate
Identify subjects and predicates in a sentence collaboratively
School House Rock
What is a subject? What is a predicate?
Every complete sentence has two parts: a complete subject and a complete predicate.
is what (or whom) the sentence is about.
tells something about the subject.
walked down the street.
talked to his cat.
Draw a line between the complete subject and complete predicate. Then underline the simple subject and draw a box around the simple predicate.
Subjects and Predicates
Simple subjects and simple predicates
is the main word in the complete subject of a sentence. Sometimes the simple subject is also the complete subject.
is the complete verb within the complete predicate.
south for the winter.
David's entire family ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant last night.
Burk can come with us to the movies.
The mean, aggressive Austin disagrees with that sentence.
Quiet Kelsy dislikes them both.