Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Brain Gate
The Implementation of Brain Gate
The Process involved in Brain Gate
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Brain Gate
Applications of Brain Gate
Persons with disabilities
The Future of Brain Gate Scopes and Limitations A mind-to-movement system allowing a man to control a computer with his thoughts. Brain Gate Technology It is designed for people with disabilities, specifically those who are paralyzed or have other physical ailments. Components of the Brain Gate Technology The Neuro-chip 4 mm in size
A square silicon chip
Contains around 100 hair-thin microelectrodes
Embedded in the primary motor cortex of the brain The Connector Components (continued) The Converter The Computer The technology promises many advantages, including but not limited to:
Controlling remote devices
Making and receiving phone calls
Controlling robotic arm
Using a motorized wheelchair
Use a PC
Turning the lights on or off Advantages and Disadvantages Expensive
Wireless technology unavailable
Limitations in transfer rate of information Disadvantages The technology of Brain Gate is aimed directly by its developer at those people with disabilities. Applications of Brain Gate Certain technologies are being developed to make Brain Gate more feasible by making it smaller and wireless.
It is being planned that Brain Gate will provide movement to natural limbs.
There are also plans to make bladder and bowel movement controllable with Brain Gate The Future Brain Gate was originally developed by the researchers in the Department of Neuroscience at Brown University along with bio-tech company Cyberkinetics, Inc. How does it work? It is where the signal from the cortical neurons pass through. The signal passed by the connector is received by a shoe box like amplifier and it is changed to optical data then it is directed to a computer. It translates brain activity and communication output through a software. It uses Brain Control Interface. A direct communication pathway which connects the human brain and an external device. Classification of BCI according to communication pathway 1. One Way BCI
2. Two Way BCI Types of BCI based on its features Invasive Partially Invasive Non Invasive Working Flow or Algorithm Conversion to Optical Data Biological Feedback Detection and Translation by the Computer Spark Sends the translated data to external device Signal by Neuron chip (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr The Braingate Technology is a huge innovation in medicine. It provides hope for people with disabilities specially those who are paralyzed or unable to move. It gives them a chance to feel that they can move again.
Braingate Technology is not limited for medical purposes but also in the field of robotics and computer technology. It is a stepping stone for more interactive applications and gadgets. Conclusion