Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Healthy Relationships & Consent (8th Grade)
Transcript of Healthy Relationships & Consent (8th Grade)
sexual activity without consent.
do you want a hug?
can I kiss you?
is this okay with you?
If the person initiating is getting mixed signals, just slow down... consent is needed.
STOP & ASK
STAND UP IF...
You know someone who is dating.
You've ever talked about healthy relationships before.
You've heard about sexual assault, but you have more to learn.
You know someone who has used the word "slut" to talk about a girl.
You know someone who has felt pressure in a relationship to do things they didn't want to do.
There's pressure to be in a dating relationship.
You've heard rumors at school about someone's relationship.
1) Body Language
Can I kiss you,
80% non-verbal/body language
Consent is hearing
Gross sexual assault
Unlawful sexual contact
1 in 4 women
1 in 6 men
Abuse of Power
What makes a relationship healthy
What makes a relationship unhealthy
respect, equal power
communication, consent, happy
Sam leans in to kiss Sarah and Sarah leans in, too.
2. Mary pushes Carl’s hands away when he tries to take her shirt off while they’re kissing. Mary is still smiling and giggling, so Carl continues to take off Mary’s shirt.
4. Sam asks Emily if she wants to send sexual Snapchats with him.
5. Emily tells her best friend, Rachel, about Sam’s request. Emily’s best friend tells her she doesn’t have to, and that it shouldn’t affect her relationship with Sam either way.
6. Charlie and Christina agree to keep information about their sexual relationship private so that rumors aren’t spread about them.
3. Steven pressures Jon to have sex. Steven tells Jon that if he really cared about him, Jon would be ready for this step in their relationship and they will break up if Jon isn’t ready. Jon is worried that Steven will “out” him at school if they break up. Jon has sex with Steven so they can stay together.
What did you notice about the healthy scenarios?
Freely given consent
Sexual Assault and Myths
In these scenarios, the people know each other
Sexual assault usually happens to someone known to the victim
Not all the scenarios had a female victim and male perpetrator
Sexual assault happens to men and boys and also happens in same-sex relationships
7. Haley wants to hold hands between classes at school and Callie doesn’t want to. Callie tells Haley she’d rather not hold hands and even though Haley wants to, she listens to Callie and they decide together that they won’t hold hands.
What did you notice about the unhealthy scenarios?
asking for consent
abusive, no consent, manipulation,
Homework: Online Survey
IS there overlap?