Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Scientific Process
Transcript of The Scientific Process
The research question is the single most important part of the scientific method. Every part of your project is done to answer this question. The research question is sometimes formed as a statement and is called the "Problem" or "Problem Statement." Purpose Find out as much about your topic as you can Research Predict what the answer to the problem is.
The hypothesis is an "educated guess," formed as a statement, that you propose to be the answer to the research question. An educated guess is based on some prior knowledge Hypothesis Design a test to prove or disprove your hypothesis.
Plan an experiment in which you can test your hypothesis(answer to the question). Write down what you are going to do. List the materials you need, the variables or what is to be tested and the control or what is not going to be tested. Experiment Record what happened during the experiment.
Observe what happened and collect data in a journal. Analysis Was my hypothesis(educated guess) correct? Conclusion