Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
7th Grade Health
Transcript of 7th Grade Health
What is Mental and Emotional Health?
Do you view disappointment as a part of life or do you tend to dwell on them? Write a paragraph explaining how you deal with disappointments.
Understanding Mental and Emotional Health
Mental and Emotional Health: your ability to deal in a reasonable way with the stresses and changes of daily life.
People who are in good mental and emotional health usually:
Understanding Who You Are
Part of good mental and emotional health is understanding and accepting yourself. This means that you recognize your strengths and work to improve your weaknesses.
Personality: special mix of traits, feelings, attitudes, and habits.
Factors that shape your personality: 1) heredity, environment, and behavior.
You can decide which of your qualities to focus on and whether to improve situations when possible. You can decide how to act!
Self-Concept: the view that you have of yourself.
Self-Esteem: the confidence and pride you have in yourself.
High self-esteem enhances self-confidence (your belief in your strengths and abilities).
How to Improve self-esteem and self-confidence:
1. Have a positive attitude and outlook on life
2. Accept their limitations and set realistic goals
3. Have a positive view of themselves and others
4. Are resilient, or able to bounce back from a disappointment, difficulty or crisis
5. Act responsibly at school, at home, and in social situations
6. Are aware of their feelings and are able to express those feelings in healthy ways
7. Accept constructive feedback-messages that evaluate a person and his or her actions-without becoming angry
1. Set realistic goals for yourself
2. Recognize your strengths
3. Ask for help when you need it
4. Learn to accept constructive feedback
5. Learn from mistakes and failures, but don't dwell on them
6. Develop positive character traits
Recognizing Individual Differences
You can boost your own mental health by showing respect for people's individual differences. Try to avoid judging people according to your own culture, environment, age, and background.
Recognize that people have values that have been formed by their families, personal experiences, and other sources. Appreciate the qualities that make individuals unique. Following these strategies will enhance your relationships and your health.
Empathy: the ability to identify and share another person's feelings.
Attitudes and Behaviors
Your attitudes and behavior affect your mental and emotional health. If you see obstacles in your life as challenges that you can conquer, you are probably successful at getting past bumps in the road to reach the goals you set for yourself. If you think you can't do anything well, you may avoid trying new activities. This may deepen your belief that you're no good at anything.
Creating a Positive Cycle