Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Employee Engagement
1. What is employee engagement
2. Factors that influence employee engagement
3. Employee engagement and performance
4. What can we do?
Welcome New Employees
Factors that influence employee engagement
Engaged employees make
making me and the company successful.
“an individual employee’s
cognitive, emotional, and behavioral
state directed toward desired organizational outcomes” (Shuck and Wollard, 2010)
Engagement for organizational level
Employee engagement relates to 9 outcomes
Less Safety Incidents
Understanding the meaning and importance of employee engagement
Understanding how to improve employee engagement
Identifying the impact of employee engagement on performance
Team & Co workers
Spot the difference
Spot the difference
How can we improve Employee Engagement?
Give employee the tools to do their job
Provide growth opportunities
Improve office equipment
Build strong workplace relationship
Set up clear work role
What can TxDOT HRD do ?
Employee engagement should be a core value rather than a project
Gain the support from top and front-line managers
First impressions are critical
More formal/informal recognition
Have work area ready
Small welcome basket, card, caps, etc
Give guidance and clear goals
Give a training timeline/plan