Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Harris RF 5800H-MP
Transcript of Harris RF 5800H-MP
Control, Indicators and Display
RF 5800H-MP System Setup & Teardown
ADVANCE TACTICAL HF RADIO
RF 5800H-MP Setup
Display and Connectors
KEYPAD DISPLAY UNIT
Supports digital security based on Harris Citadel, or or Advance Encryption Standard (AES) or Datotek encryption.
Last Ditch Voice (LDV) (in 3G only) allows the radio to deliver digital voice under very poor conditions and be saved at the receiving radio end.
Supports Automatic Link Establishment (ALE)
Supports Automatic Radio Control System (ARCS) link set-up and data link protocols in 3G radio mode.
Supports enhanced Electronic Counter Counter Measure (ECCM) – frequency hopping in HF (narrow-band, wide-band, and list).
Provides accurate Time-Of-Day (TOD) and geographic location information through the optional built-in Global Positioning System (GPS).
Supports full remote control or Point-to-Point (PPP) from a customer-supplied remote control terminal.
Supports networking capability using PPP or Ethernet.
Supports Wireless Internet Protocol (IP) data transfer when operating in (3G).
Supports operation in 3G+ mode, allows the radio to receive/send ALE and 3G calls without switching modes
Supports operation in 3G Short Message Service (SMS) mode, allows radios to send/receive short text messages
FUNCTION SWITCH CONTROL
• The function switch is used both to turn the radio on or off, and to select the Radio’s Crypto Operating Mode.
The selections are:
–OFF Radio powered off
–PT Plain Text (voice or data)
–CC Citadel Cover (not used)
–CT Cipher Text (secure digital voice or data)
–RV or A Receive Variable (not used)
–LD Load Crypto variable (not used)
–Z ZEROIZE (requires a Pull-to-Turn Action)
• [CALL] Has distinctive uses in each of the four radio modes:
–FIX: Initiate a hail.
–ALE: Enters the ALE call menu.
–HOP: Transmit sync request.
–3G: Enters the 3G call menu.
• [CLR] CLEAR:
–Used as an ABORT key to cancel an operation.
–To back up through a menu chain.
–To clear a message displayed on the front panel.
• This key has two additional uses in ALE mode:
–To toggle scanning on/off.
–To initiate termination of a link.
• In SSB Scan operation
–It is used to toggle scanning on or off.
• [ENT] ENTER:
– Used to accept a choice from a menu.
– Also used on the Channel screen to initiate editing of frequencies.
• [MODE]: used to change the radio’s operating mode to FIX, ALE, 3G, or HOP.
• [OPT] OPTIONS: go to the OPTIONS main menu in each mode.
• [PGM] PROGRAM: go to the PROGRAM main menu.
• [NET] or [PRE] +/-: used to move between system presets.
• [SQ] SQUELCH: used to enable or disable squelch.
• [VOL] VOLUME +/-: adjusts the handset audio level.
• [>] [<] Cursor control keys:
– Used to move among fields on the Front Panel Display.
– To move left or right within an entry field.
• [∧] [∨] Cursor control keys. Used to scroll through a list of choices in a menu.
• [C] Toggles between the PRESET screen and the CHANNEL screen.