Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Understanding the Nontraditional
Transcript of Understanding the Nontraditional
Online Nontraditional Transfer Students at Gardner-Webb
Establish a supportive environment
Offer various methods of instruction
Make connections between education and career goals
Support at intake and exit
Nontraditional Nursing Students
Promote Program and NCLEX Success by:
Alternate scheduling/structured scheduling
Service Learning-Health Fairs
Social integration-PNE Club, College Fairs, Team Building
How Can Educational Institutions Enhance Support for Nontraditional Learners?
Are You Nontraditional?
Nontraditional Adult High School Students!
Nontraditionals are here to stay...
Data Points, American Association of Community Colleges February, 2014
Data Points American Association of Community Colleges retrieved from
Metzner, B. S. and Bean, J. P. (1987). The estimation of a conceptual model of nontraditional undergraduate student attrition. Research in Higher Education, 27(1),15-38.
Gardner-Webb University (2013). Longitudinal comparison of online and seated course enrollment. Retrieved from: http://www.gardnerwebb.edu/information/departments/institutional-research/index
1) Supplementing financial aid/payment plans
2) Creating simpler, clearer paths to attain the college
diploma or degree
3) Simplifying remediation/less time to gaining college
4) Linking college classes with meaningful work
experience (co-op, internships)
5) Coaching/mentoring, online study groups
A conceptual model of nontraditional undergraduate student attrition. Metzner & Bean, 1987
Research and Pre-existing policies
Policy options: advantages and disadvantages
Business and Industry
Success measured on a local level
Who and When?
Quality of the nursing program is predicated on the first-time testing
Research indicates there is no "magic bullet" fix