Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Communism, The Depression, World War II & The Modern World
Transcript of Communism, The Depression, World War II & The Modern World
The End of the Bipolar World:
Persian Gulf War
Communism, The Depression, World war II & The Making of The Modern World
Post-WWII "Iron Curtain"
NATO vs. Warwaw Pact
Vietnam War - Domino Effect?
Cuban Missile Crisis
Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan
Soviet Model vs. "Western" Model (N0n-aligned/Third World?)
World War II
Hypernationalism, Racial Superiority, Virulent Anti-Semetism
Overturn the Treaty of Versailles
Played on fears of Communist Revolution
Invasion of Ethiopia (1935)
Reoccupation of Rhineland (1936)
Annexation of Austria (1938)
Sudetenland (1938) - Munich Conf.
Nazi-Soviet Non-Agression Pact
Invasion of Poland (Sept. 1st 1939)
Battle of Britain
Battle of the Bulge
Rape of Nanking
Battle of Midway
Bataan Death March
Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Mao Zedong & China
Joseph Stalin & The USSR
Collectivization & Industrialization
Five-Year Plans (1928-1937)
Kulaks and Famine
The Great Purge
1939 = 3rd largest Industrial Power behind US and Germany
Sun Yat-Sen (Nationalist Party / Kuomintang)
Chiang Kai-Shek vs. Mao Zedong
Japanese invade 1931, 1937
Communist Victory- 1949
The Great Depression
Causes of the Depression - 1929
1) The Bad Distribution of Income
2) The Bad Corporate Structure
3) The Bad Banking Structure
4) Dubious State of the Foreign Balance
5) The Poor State of Economic Intelligence
Fall of the Berlin Wall (1989)
Raising of the Iron Curtain
German Reunification (1990)
Breakup of the USSR
Breakup of Yugoslavia
20th Century Battlefields: Persian Gulf War