Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Gay & Lesbian Rights
Transcript of Gay & Lesbian Rights
1) Employment Non-Discrimination Act (E.N.D.A.)
1) The Employment Non-Discrimination Act
2) Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy
3) Banning/Legalizing Marriage
Issues existing internationally?
- Iran- homosexuality is punishable by death
- Nigeria- homosexuality or not turning in a homosexual is punishable with a 14 year prison term
- Before the 20th century-burned alive.
- Arrest and brutal fighting
- In 2005, 2,475 assaults were influenced by homophobia
- deaths due to bullying
- Limited amount of states where gay marriage is legal
1) The reason for marriage is not based on reproduction and if people think it is then infertile couples wouldn't be allowed to marry
2) Hiliary Clinton said, "Gay rights are human rights."
3) Same-sex couples should be allowed the express themselves publicly and celebrate their commitment in all states
1)Marriage should not be extended to same-sex couples because they can't produce children together
2) Gay marriage may lead to more children being raised in same-sex households, which are not an optimum environment because children need both a mother and father.
3) Institution of marriage has traditionally been defined as between a man and a woman
What Laws Were Chipped Away?
Issues existing Statewide
- Not legalizing same sex marriage
- Hate crimes that existed and still exist
Issues Existing Locally
- No current issues exist locally