Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
My IOP Presentation On Malgudi Days
Transcript of My IOP Presentation On Malgudi Days
hat is personification?
- Giving human traits to inanimate objects
Examples in The Axe:
"successive summers and monsoons
the paints on the doors, windows and woodwork of their brightness and original colour"
around the corner"
Were these personification effectively used?
What was the writer's purpose of using these personification?
What is a metaphor?
- Comparison of two objects WITHOUT the use of "as", "like" and "such as"
Example in The Axe:
Was this metaphor used effectively?
What was the writer's purpose of using this metaphor?
Story: The Axe
My IOP On Malgudi Days
Topic 3: Consider the language features in the short story and evaluate their effectiveness. What do you think is the writer’s purpose and why do you think so?
Sean Khong Jun Cheng 1.09 (19)
And so many more!
What is a simile?
- A comparison of two unrelated objects with the use of words "as", "like" and "such as".
Example in The Axe:
"the land stood
a football field"
Was this simile effectively used?
What was the writer's purpose of using this simile?
Advantages of Language Features
Language features make the story more interesting and captivating to read
Language features help readers to better understand what is going on by allowing them to picture each scene in their mind
Thank you for your kind attention!