Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 5 Lesson 2: Exploring theme
Transcript of Week 5 Lesson 2: Exploring theme
LI: To further explore
in This Boy's Life.
SC: Students will be able to analyse a theme from This Boy's Life using the
claim> supporting evidence
5-Minute Quick Write
Activity: Exploring themes in This Boy's Life
- Below is a list of common themes in literature/art/film/poetry etc.
- Choose one and try to list as many works (i.e. books, films, poems, songs, plays etc.) that utilise this theme.
Change versus tradition
Chaos and order
Character – destruction, building up
Coming of age
Convention and rebellion
Dangers of ignorance
Darkness and light
Death – inevitable or tragedy
Desire to escape
Destruction of beauty
Disillusionment and dreams
Evils of racism
1. Each person is allocated a letter.
2. Working individually.
3. Brainstorm a particular theme by searching for evidence (people, events, quotes).
4. We have 35 minutes.
5. Discussion to follow.