Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
1 Chron. 5:26; 2 Kings 15:29; 17:3-6; 18:11-12
Transcript of 1 Chron. 5:26; 2 Kings 15:29; 17:3-6; 18:11-12
So this is what the Sovereign LORD says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone,
a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it
will never be stricken with panic.
I will make justicea the measuring line
and righteousness the plumb line;
Quoting Isaiah 42:1-4...Matthew 12:18
“Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight;
I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations...v.20 till he has brought justice through to victory.
Matt. 23:23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
2 Kings 18:9-13 In King Hezekiah’s fourth year, which was the seventh year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, Shalmaneser king of Assyria marched against Samaria and laid siege to it. At the end of three years the Assyrians took it. So Samaria was captured in Hezekiah’s sixth year, which was the ninth year of Hoshea king of Israel. The king of Assyria deported Israel to Assyria and settled them in Halah, in Gozan on the Habor River and in towns of the Medes. This happened because they had not obeyed the LORD their God, but had violated his covenant—all that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded. They neither listened to the commands nor carried them out. In the fourteenth yeara of King Hezekiah’s reign, Sennacherib king of Assyria attacked all the fortified cities of Judahb and captured them.
1. Israel loses land because of idolatry & injustice...
2. Isaiah 28:16-17 & 1 Peter 2:6 Justice and righteousness are the measuring line and plumb line of the Cornerstone Jesus’ building, the Church
3. Isaiah 42:1-4 & Matthew 12:18-21 Jesus came to bring justice to the nations, to protect the oppressed and hurting, to bring forth justice, to establish justice on earth
4. Justice is still God's expectation, both OT & NT, Matthew 23:23
Although we cannot fix the world, we can certainly change it. –Ken Wytsma
Matt. 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world.a A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others,a that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Prayer and Fasting Day
Saturday, Oct 31st
Focus on Injustice, the Oppressed