Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media + Non Profits
Transcript of Social Media + Non Profits
1. Volunteer recruitment Take-aways Don't assume that all social media platforms have the same participants
or will respond the same way.
Stay positive! We're bombarded daily with negative news broadcasts etc.
Your SM campaigns should
provide HOPE. # SocialMediaForNonProfits Social Media + Non Profits Why Social Media? Connect with your audience Find new advocates Cause Marketing (Engagement)
Develop & execute Strategies to build interactivity between your NGO & its target audiences (Writing)
Create campaigns and competitions across multiple online platforms FB, Twitter, YouTube etc (Educate)
Share your story! Why should persons be interested in your NGO? Keys to SM campaigns General SM Guidelines THINK LONGTERM - You can't expect immediate, measurable results. SM is about building relationships, remeber? Importance of Blogging In this presentation....
Brief look at communications strategy
Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, and YouTube etc
General Social Media Guidelines
Take-aways - Proposed activities will be measured quantitatively (analytics, social mentions, SEO rankings, link clicks, likes, retweets, subscriptions).
- eMedia monthly reporting etc Examples of what we do...
2. Show appreciation Examples of what we do...
3. Advocate Monitoring Why blogs?
- For starters, it's free
- Easy to use
- Multiple users/editors
- Spread your message
to the world! - Listen, then engage
- Use free resources, such as webinars from SM experts
- Engage "influencers"within the industry
- Be approachable
- Engage via "story telling" How do you measure?