Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
RNA & Protein Synthesis
Transcript of RNA & Protein Synthesis
RNA is a polymer made of nucleotides too! How is RNA different from DNA? The sugar is ribose instead of deoxyribose.
RNA is generally single-stranded.
RNA contains uracil in place of thymine. Three types of RNA:
messenger RNA (mRNA)
ribosomal RNA (rRNA)
transfer RNA (tRNA) carries copies of instructions for assembling amino acids into proteins. along with protiens make up ribosomes During protein construction, carries (transfers) each amino acid to the ribosome A codon is made of three consecutive nucleotides on mRNA that code for a particular amino acid RNA Requires the enzyme RNA polymerase Promoters are signals on DNA that indicate to the enzyme where to bind to make RNA Messenger RNA is transcribed in the nucleus, and then enters the cytoplasm where it attaches to a ribosome.