Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Website Evaluation
How do I choose credible websites?
Think about it -
anyone can put up a web page
many websites are outdated
there is no control over quality/accuracy
Consider the Domain Extension:
.edu - higher education
.com - commercial
.org - an organization, it may be charitable, religous or a lobbying group
.net - an internet service provider
.mil - a military site
Who is the author?
What are his/her credentials?
Is there contact info?
Is the content biased?
Is the bias explicit or hidden?
Does the identity of the author suggest a bias?
Are the authors up-front about their purpose?
Is the information up-to-date?
Does the webpage show when it was last updated?
Are there dead links?
Ask Yourself -
What am I viewing?
Is it news, opinion, gossip,
Is the information organized and neatly presented?
Are there spelling or other errors in content?
Are their distracting graphics/ads?
Is the content accurate, complete and well written?
Is it relevant to your topic?