Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Raven
Edgar Allan Poe
"The Raven" was published in 1845
most famous and popular work
about a man who loses a loved one
successful in Poe's lifetime
created Poe fans worldwide
master of spooky stories and poems
always features strange events and cold, dark, creepy landscapes
often shows lonely, depressed characters
Poe and "The Raven"
this is a poem that pulls you into a moment
it is all about making you feel like you are experiencing the story while you read it
when you read a story about someone slowly losing his mind, you might be horrified, but it's also pretty hard to put it down
Why Should I Care?
Connecting to Literature
Why people act the way they do? Adults often explain young people by saying, "It's just a phase...." Do you think people go through "phases" all their lives, or do specific events in an individual's life shape his or her behavior?
"The Raven" will present an answer to this question.
"The Raven" is a poem that has characters, a setting, and a plot (the parts of a short story)
These elements make it NARRATIVE POETRY.
The poem is told in a storytelling style.