Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Collaborative Therapy
Keeping the dialogue going
Postmodern & Social Constructionist
Goals of Therapy
Gehart, D.R. & Tuttle, A.R. (2003).
Theory-based treatment planning for marriage and family therapists
. Belmont, CA. Brooks/Cole.
Gehart, D. (2013).
Mastering competencies in family therapy: A practical approach to theories and clinical case documentation
(2nd Ed.). Belmont, CA. Brooks/Cole.
Anderson, H. (1994). Good mother? bad mother? A dissolving dilemma. Houston-Galveston Institute. (a video file) accessed May 12, 2014 at http://www.viddler.com/v/f67bef08?secret=82067950
What do we accomplish through this dialogue?
Meaning & Beliefs of the Client
Directing the Client to Change their Behavior
Appropriately Unusual Comments
Listening for the Pause
"Kicking Around" New Meanings
Accessing Multiple Voices in Writing
Stabilize, Normalize, and Create Acceptance in the Client
Everyday, Ordinary Language
Tracking Thoughts, Feelings, and Reactions
Focus on Strengths &
Enhancing Our Ability