Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Student Success
Transcript of Copy of Student Success
COLLEGE STUDENTS Rationale:
For college students to succeed academically
For retention of students
For peer interaction which helps secure retention
Academic intervention can help encourage and support students' persistence in academics by pointing out obstacles interrupting performance and can help students better understand resources. Objective:
Develop Proper Time Management Skills ACTIVITY:
PERSONAL TIME SURVEY
(answer each honestly)
1. Number of hours of sleep each night ___ x 7 = ___
2. Number of grooming hours each day ___ x 7 = ___
3. Number of hours for meals/snacks per day (include prep time) ___ x 7 = ___
4. Number of hours traveling to and from class ___ x 7 = ___
5. Number of hours per week for regularly scheduled functions (clubs, church, meetings, practices, games) ___
6. Number of hours of work per week ___
7. Number of hours in class per week ___
8. Number of hours per week spent socializing, dates, facebook, etc ___
Now ADD UP THE TOTALS ___
NOW SUBTRACT FROM 168. 168-(totals) ___ = ____ Text Set Book:
PRACTICING COLLEGE LEARNING STRATEGIES
by Carolyn H. Hopper This book was chosen because:
combines practical application with learning strategies theory
it seems to be an excellent motivational tool for teaching students how to learn
provides keys to academic success
teaches instructors to instill confidence in students who are frustrated with their academic progress text set book:
COLLEGE SUCCESS FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES: STRATEGIES AND TIPS TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCE
by Cynthia Simpson and Vicky G. Spencer This book was chosen because it covers topics such as:
understanding the rights and responsibilities of students with special needs
talking to professors and peers
asking for and receiving accommodations
utilizing one's strengths to meet and exceed academic standards Literature Guide Text
Entertaining an Elephant:
A Novel About Learning and Letting Go Summary:
This novel is the heartwarming story of a burned-out teacher struggling through his fifteenth year of teaching. Through a set of unexpected events, this teacher becomes re-inspired with both his profession and his own life. Woven into this novel are quotes from world-renown spiritual and philosophical writers to help us face the tough challenges of today's world. Activity:
You have just read many motivational quotes from a myraid of different writers, which was your favorite?
What motivates you to stay organized?
what motivates you to make time to study?
How do you schedule and manage your time?
Write an essay on your findings and how you will overcome challenges that could deter your progress WEBQUEST purpose:
To understand what support programs the Academic Success Center offers and how they are can enhance student's learning and academic success Example:
Tutoring is an on-going supplement to classroom learning and is available for most undergraduate courses. Tutoring occurs in consistent groups of up to four students, for up to three hours per week. Tutors can help students clarify course content, improve test taking, and meet courrse-based academic goals.