Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
9 September 2001
Transcript of 9 September 2001
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward and freedom will be defended
-US President George W. Bush On September 11, 2001, 19 members of a terrorist group called al-Qaeda (al-KYE-da) hijacked four U.S. airplanes and used them to strike various targets on the East Coast. It was the worst attack on the United States in history.
Al-Qaeda is a small, violent group of people who practice the Muslim religion and who want to create a Muslim state independent of other countries. Most Muslims don’t share al-Qaeda’s beliefs. American Airlines Flight 11 Boeing 767 travelling from Boston to Los Angeles.
Takes off at 8am with 92 poeple on board. Hits
World Trade Center at 8:46am. United Airlines Flight 175 Boeing 767 travelling from Boston to Los
Angeles. Takes off at 8:14am with 65 poeple on board. HitsWTC at 9:02am. Hijackers crash Flight 11 into floors 93-99 of the World Trade Center's North Tower, killing everyone on board and hundreds within the building.
The blaze from the impact being 1100 degrees celcius. Hijackers crash Flight 175 into floors 77 to 85 of the World Trade Center's South Tower, killing everyone on the plane and hundreds inside the building. During its final dive, the plane lost altitude at a rate of approximately 5,000 feet per minute. WTC 2- South Tower Collapse after 102 mins WTC 1- North Tower Collapse after 56mins South
floors Osama bin Laden: 9/11 Mastermind Is Dead Nearly 10 years after he launched the worst terrorist attack in U.S. history, Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. forces. On May 1, 2011, President Obama detailed the secret operation in Pakistan that brought down the al-Qaeda figurehead. Two of the hijacked planes hit nearly identical skyscrapers, known as the twin towers, at a complex called the World Trade Center in New York. There is an arguement whether flight 77(a Boeing 757) really hit the Pentgon or not... http://www.pentagonstrike.co.uk/flash.htm#Main Click to see the following link. Travelling worldwide Known as the 9/11 9 September 2001 Diagram of the Pentagon The answer still remains a mystery today, although we know 184 had died in the Pentagon attack. Where the Pentagon had been hit "September 11"- two words now expected to bear the burden of the wold's fears, the whole world's anxieties, the whole world's gnawing realistaion that no, we never learn.
-The West Australian newspaper TWO HOURS OF TERROR Just two hours after the first of the hijacked planes soared into the sky, the World Trade Center had fallen. About 2000 workers would die in the attacks. Another 800 officials and rescuers would lose their lives at the site. More would die at the Pentagon and in a Pennesylvanian field. The plane appeared to hit the Pentagon midway between corridors 4 and 5. Eyewitnesses report that
the plane cut a wedge that extended past the E, D and C rings into the B ring.
United Airlines Flight 93 was the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania. The widespread debris field from the crash, together with eyewitness reports, strongly suggest that the jetliner was shot down by a missile fired by a pursuing jet. Flight 93 was a Boeing 757-200 on a scheduled flight from Newark to San Francisco, with 38 passengers, 5 flight attendants, and 2 pilots. 40 people died (where one of the hijacked planes crashed after the passengers attempted to retake the plane). Founder and leader of al Qaeda, responsible for the 9/11 attacks against the US as well as numerous other mass casualty attacks. DEAD:
1. Osama Bin Laden
2. Muhammad Atef
3. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
4. Abu Layth al-Libi
5. Atiyah Abd al-Rahman
6. Abu Hamza Rabia 7. Abu Ayyub al Masri
8. Sayeed al-Masri (also known as Abu Shaykh Mustafa Abu al-Yazid)
9. Mohammad Hasan Khalil al-Hakim
10. Abu Khabab al-Masri (also known as Midhat Mursi)
11. Abu Obeidah al Masri
12. Anwar al-Awlaki 1.Yemeni American
2. Abu Faraj al-Libi
3. Ramzi Bin al-Shibh
4. Abu Zubaydah
5. Umar Patek
6. Younis al-Mauretani CAPTURED: 7. Hambali (also Riduan Isamuddin)
8. al Rahim al Nashiri
9. Ali al Aziz Ali
10. Walid bin Attash
11. Mustafa Ahman al Hawsawi
12. Abdul Ghani Baradar MOST WANTED: 1. Ayman al-Zawahiri
2. Saif al-Adel
3. Anas al-Liby
4. Ibrahim al-Asiri
5. Adnan el Shukrijumah
6. Hakimullah Mehsud Take a look back at some of the dead, captured and remaining most wanted terrorists from the last 10 years. The people who have played a role in the 9/11 attack including al Qaeda members. 7. Abu Yahy al-Libi
9. Mullah Mohammad
10. Nasser Al Wahishi
11. Sirajuddin Haqqani
12. Wali Ur Rehman Bibliography: http://pentagon.spacelist.org/ http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/10/dead-captured-and-wanted/ http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/what-was-911/2011/08/31/gIQAQL5RDK_story.html http://911research.wtc7.net/planes/attack/flight93.html http://timeline.national911memorial.org/ http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,2068895,00.html The West Australian -2002 newspaper http://library.eb.com.au/all/eb/article-9394915?query=9%20september%202001&ct=null Brittanica- Some 2, 750 people were killed in New York. Police and fire departments in New York were especially hard-hit: hundreds had rushed to the scene of the attacks and more than 400 police officers and firefighters were killed. Before September 11:
The hijackers came to the United States
with valid papers, some a few months before
the attacks. For the most part, they learnt
or polished their flying skills. Suspected ringleader
Mohammad Atta and his companion Abdulaziz
Alomari spent their last night in a motel off the highway
in Portland, Maine, going to Wal-Mart, making bank-machine