Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Trigonometry
Whats is trigonometry?
Hipparchus of Nicaea
The three main trigonometric functions.
Trigonometry in Math
What if a restaurant needed to build a wheelchair ramp for its customers? The angle of elevation for a ramp is recommended to be 5°. If the vertical distance from the sidewalk to the front door is two feet, what is the horizontal distance that the ramp will take up (x)? How long will the ramp be ( y )?
Functions in real life:
Law of sine
Law of cosines
What is the sine of 35°?
If the distance of a person from a tower is 100 m and the angle
subtended by the top of the tower with the ground is 300,
what is the height of the tower in meters?