Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Pythagoras' theorem
Who was Pythagoras?
We could just say he is the guy with the
, or he is on Atlantis on channel 1 but we are top set maths maths so...
...an ancient Greek philosopher who founded a religious movement called the Pythagoreanism.
His main interests were: Metaphysics, Music, Mathematics, Ethics and Politics.It was said that he was the
man to call himself a philosopher, or
of wisdom, and Pythagorean ideas exercised a marked influence on
, and through him, all of Western philosophy.
How does it work?
Theorem goes hand in hand with
because they are both involved with right angled
. But the theory states...
When can we use the theorem?
When we are calculating the length of the longer side(the hypotenuse) of course!
He was born 570BC Samos and he died 495BC in Metapontum.
Where was he born?
This is the Pythagorean theorem.
So basically the theorem
can only be used for right
angled triangles :(
For example:3 squared +4 squared =5 squared(9+16=25)
Share what you learn