Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cave Art
Magdalenian hunter gatherers believed to have created the cave art.
Marcel, Jacques, Georges, Simon and Robot- 3 boys who stumbled onto the cave
Sometime before 20,000 BCE- around when the paintings were made
1940- When the three boys discovered it.
1. What is the oldest thing in the world?
2. Name a country in Europe.
Lascaux cave art appears high on ceiling of cave because the ground has eroded away.
Another cave containing cave art in southern France
Find a partner and have them tell you a story about their life. Illustrate that story.
1.What were two animals depicted in the Lascaux cave art?
2. What was one of the animals depicted in the Chauvet cave art?
1. What colors were most common in cave art?
2. What did cave artists use to make paint and how did they get it to stick to the walls?
1. What are the three pairs of complimentary colors?
2. What are today's daily objectives?
1. Using the art element color, compare the two artworks.
1. How can you tell the difference between the cave art of Lascaux and Chauvet?
2. What background elements are in your cave art?
1. Using color (art element), describe this artwork.
2.Using movement (art principle), describe this artwork.
1. Where does this art come from(specifically what cave)? 2. How was this artwork made?
3. What are complimentary colors?
#1 has the colors blue, white and peach. These colors are very bright. #2 has black, brown, tan and yellow. These colors are more dull and natural than #1's bright blues and white.
1. About how close are you to being done with your cave art?
Example: I am 80% done.
2. Who did you choose for your Art Investigation?
1. When is the quiz for the Cave Art project?
2. When is the art investigation due?
1. Why does the cave art of Lascaux appear high on the ceiling?
The cave floor erode away over time.
2. What animals are depicted in the Lascaux cave?
Bulls, horses, deer
3. What animals are depicted in the Chauvet cave?
Rhinos. sabre tooth tigers
1. Did you finish your cave art project?
2. What grade did you get on the Cave Art quiz? (Check Powerschool on your chrome)
After you have completed both questions, go to the art google classroom.