Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Phonoemic Awareness: Rhyming
Transcript of Phonoemic Awareness: Rhyming
- Examples include "tree" and "me" or "show" and "toe" Words that Rhyme! The Benefits of Rhyming Rhyming provides students an opportunity to begin developing an awareness of sounds
Providing students with opportunites to explore the similarities and differences in the sounds of words helps them to have an insight Teacher Note The pig is wearing a wig!
Bill went up a hill!
Jack ate a snack. Rhyming Activity! Rhyming Jar Write or copy sentences containing rhyming words, omitting the final rhyming words and place them in a jar
Select a strip from the jar and read it aloud, emphasizing the first rhyming word leaving out the second Rhyming Activity Continued.. Have students work in pairs to generate rhyming words to complete the sentence.
Have students be "detectives," looking for other oral and written words that rhyme
Create a class list! Reading is EVERYTHING! Sources