Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Digital signatures TEDx
Transcript of Digital signatures TEDx
Anton Keks, @antonkeks
Estonia vs the World
transforming data with a key
shared with the world
(one way f)
= proof that you own the private key
is the same?
trusted by all
The best CA is
certifies every citizen
provides keys on physical tokens
As internal ID
(digitally signing them)
Enables remote citizens (e-residency)
More distant future
More secure less anonymous internet (fewer spammers)
Web of trust style?
No need for overpriced notar services?
We are already working on this now for banks and other companies.
- quicker agreements and decisions
More businesses can be automated
Ecological - no storing of paper
Legally binding signatures
Safer distant communication
E-voting attracts more people
IT needs more people, i.e. you!
International collaboration: crimes more difficult
More convenience, integration (bio chips?)
Paper signatures are
often are reproduced as digital images anyway
Don't prove identity
Don't prove that signed content wasn't modified
for Modern World
Physical location becomes unimportant
Anonymous Internet problem
HTTPS server certificates
Web of Trust
Better, more efficient World
We need help to build it!