Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Gaseous Tidal Theory
Transcript of Gaseous Tidal Theory
A theory of the origin of the solar system must explain the chemical and physical differences of planets.
The tidal theory
They proposed that a huge tidal wave, raised to the sun by a passing star was drawn into a long filament and became detached from the principal mass. As the gaseous material was condensed, it seperated into masses and took the formation of the planets.
GASEOUS TIDAL THEORY
James Jeans & Harold Jeffreys in 1918
When the star came closer the tide got bigger......
the tide was detached...
Did you know that ......
This theory is also called Chamberlin-Moulton Theory