Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Computer Graphics Rendering - Volumetric Lighting
Transcript of Computer Graphics Rendering - Volumetric Lighting
Implementation in 3ds Max
Geometry with transparent texture
Implementation in Unity 3D Introduction Crepuscular Rays, a real life phenomena Real-time rendering Method: Geometry with transparent texture
+ Extremely light in terms of computation
+ Looks very real from a distance
+ Easy to implement, even without any presets
+ Easy to customize
- Clunky and crude up close
- Each ray has to be set up manually Introduction Volumetric lighting, rendering in 3ds MAX Pre-rendering Theory: Raycasting method Pre-rendering Implementation: 3ds MAX 2013 Real-time rendering Method: Post-processing Real-time rendering Method: Post-processing
+ More accurate result than with geometry
+ Easy to toggle on and off
+ Once on, applies to everything
- Post-processing effect (Computational heavy)
- Less realistic than pre-rendered raycasting Pre-rendering Volume light parameters Pre-rendering Artefacts