Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Suleyman the Lawgiver
Transcript of Suleyman the Lawgiver
Kiana Martinez Suleyman the Lawgiver Suleiman's Background Building the Empire Shah Abbas Shah Abbas was one of Suleymans alliances and was just like him. They wanted to be the hed of their empires and didnt want anyone to rule better than them. -Born in Trabzon (Black sea coast of Turkey)
-Lived from 1494-1566
-Took power in 1520 and ruled for 46 years
-Was a accomplished poet and goldsmith He made the Ottoman empire to its greatest size and its most impressive achievements. Why do they call him Suleiman the lawgiver?
He revised the laws of the empire which built a highly structured government. His people then called him "The Lawgiver" http://www.allaboutturkey.com/suleyman.htm Work Cited Suleyman Made the Ottoman Empire to its Greatest size with many achievements such as - Revising the Laws of the Empire and made them stronger and more understandable and reasonable for the Ottoman people. The Laws made the Government stronger wich helped the exspansion. http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Suleyman.html He established schools (for boys)-also of common heritage and protected the rules of god for christians and jews. http://www.answers.com/topic/suleiman-the-magnificent Ottoman Empire comes to an end After Suleyman their were three rulers of the ottoman empire and not one of them were as succesful as suleyman.
The Ottomans empire was crumbling, the government was weakening and the Ottoman people began to rebel against the empire. Quiz 1. How did Suleyman get his name?
2. What were some of Suleymans greatest achievements?
3.What was an interesting fact? Interesting facts * Suleymans name can be spelled "Sulieman or Suleyman"
* Suleyman didnt want to Ottomans to have a better ruler so he blinded and killed his sons with hot oil and fire.
* Suleyman forced A slave girl, Roxelana ("the Russian"), so attracted the sultan that he made her his legal wife.
*Under Suleiman it became standard to recruit soldiers from the Balkans into the Ottoman army. They were called Jannisaries. http://coursesa.matrix.msu.edu/~fisher/hst373/readings/fisher1.html http://www.a4t.org/Sermons/Misc/brown-ottoman_empire.html