Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Evolution McIlvaine
Scientists used to believe
all species were were
permanent and unchanging
They also believed that the Earth
was only thousands of years old
A cheetah today
Is exactly the same
as a cheetah from the beginning of time
What's the problem?
Georges Cuvier studied fossils found
in Rock Strata
He found that many species were
very different from any living species
Even some are EXTINCT
Jean Baptiste Lamarck
Proposed that organisms
inherit acquired characteristics
Lemarck was on the right track