Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Mesozotic period
Transcript of The Mesozotic period
plants & animals
Plants were just spreading out and the oldest know species today were ants,snakes, and butterflies. there were non avian type of dinosaurs near the late triassic. bird first appeared in the jurassic. the first mammals also appeared. a huge extinction occured.
climate & weather
The climate in the mesozoic era was most likely warm. There was no evidence of ice found. This was the era witch pangea had ended and plates started moving apart. At the end of this era global cooling had began.
252.17 to 201.3 million years ago
201.3 to 145 million years ago
145 to 66 million years ago
set up by permian during 90% to 96% of marine species and 70% of terrestrail vertebreates became extinct.
50 % of all genera became extinct includint non avain dinosaurs.
age of reptiles
mainly marine species this was called the big five extinction