Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SigEp District 25 Retreat - August 2016
Transcript of SigEp District 25 Retreat - August 2016
DISTRICT RETREAT 2016
What are millennials looking for?
"We are the always on generation"
half are part of GenY and half Gen Z
5 TAKEAWAYS YOU NEED TO KNOW TO UNDERSTAND WHO GEN Z ARE:
– They have an entrepreneurial spirit
– They’re culturally aware and care about the future of our planet
– Growing up online, they are the most globally-connected generation
– They are less active and obesity is on the rise
– Favor anonymous communication such as Snapchat, Yik Yak, Whisper, etc.
HAVE A GOAL WITH NETWORKING
WHAT/WHO IS A MENTOR?
FINDING A MENTOR + NETWORKING
NOT JUST THIS...
TIPS FOR FINDING MENTORS/CONNECTIONS
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LEARN?
NOT WHAT YOU WANT TO GET
ASK THEM TO HAVE COFFEE/LUNCH
Take responsibility for the conversation.
Send a TY note
DON'T ASK THEM TO BE YOUR MENTOR
KNOW WHEN TO WEAR YOUR LETTERS/UNI ATTIRE
FIND THE ONE PERSON IN THE ROOM YOU WANT TO TALK TO
Email alums you admire
Ask your fave professor to intro you to
people in your career path
Write recs for friends
NEW MEMBER MENTOR
IMAGINE THERE'S A BANK ACCOUNT
EACH MORNING YOUR ACCOUNT GETS CREDITED
EACH OF US HAS SUCH A BANK
EVERY MORNING YOU GET