Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Thesis Writing for Northwood Middle School
Transcript of Thesis Writing for Northwood Middle School
Thesis: a complete sentence that gives your clear opinion regarding the topic
A thesis should be clear and short
A Thesis is what the rest of your paper will prove.
1. A strong thesis statement takes some sort of stand.
2. A strong thesis statement expresses one main idea.
3. a strong thesis statement is specific.
Students can be good online researchers by following three tips.
Students can be better online researchers by using different search engines, bookmarking, and specifying their search.
Lebron James' ability to score, pass, and rebound makes him the league's most valuable player.
Lebron James' ability to play, pass, and do good just might make him the league's most valuable player.
The key to successful dieting is focusing on a specific goal, which is also the key to successfully running a business and coaching a football team.
The key to successful dieting is focusing on a specific goal, buying healthy food, and using accountability.
4. A strong thesis statement will mention the three supporting ideas talked about in your essay.
(if you are not able to fit all three supports in without your sentence becoming too long and confusing put them in a separate sentence that follows the thesis)
On your sticky note write your name and answer these quetions:
1. One of your thesis statements
2. Do you feel that you learned or understand how to write a thesis statement for a persuasive paper.
* Quietly talk about the thesis topics
* Only 5 people at a prompt
* Complete all of the thesis prompts with
well written thesis statements
Compare and contrast Kake and Sitka
Compare and contrast basketball and wrestling