Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Types of Political Parties system
Transcript of Types of Political Parties system
Dominant Party System
One political party has successively won elections by a very large majority
Non - Party System
System of governments in which elections
are taking place without making reference
to political parties
A system in which a single political party has the right to form the government
Two major political parties dominate politics within a government
- One of the two parties typically holds a majority in the legislature
A system in which multiple political parties have the capacity to gain control of government offices.
71 % of the vote
175 of 220 seats
81,53 of the vote
- Not allow political parties
- Only holds elections
with expanding suffrage for a consultative assembly.
Republic of China - Communist Party of china
North Korea - Workers´s Party of Korea
Cuba - Communist Party of Cuba
Laos - Lao Front for National Construction
Vietnam - Vietnamese Fatherland Front
Examples of nations that have used a multi-party system effectively in their democracies.
- South Africa
I. What is a political party system?
II. Types of Political Parties system
i. Dominant-party system:
ii. Non-partisan system:
iii. Single-party system:
iv. Two-party system:
v. Multi-party system:
IV. Maps of Countries by their form of government.
What is a political party system?
The system of government by political parties in a democratic country.
- They control the government
- The have a stable base of mass popular support
- They create internal mechanism for controlling
First party system: This system have developed as a result of the factions in the George Washington administration
Sixth Party System: This system is currently developing.
Multi-party system with two or three strong political parties or alliances, and many smaller parties that enjoy representation at the National Congress.
• Justicialist Party (Partido Justicialista, PJ),
• Front for Victory (Frente para la Victoria, FpV)
• Federal Peronism/Renewal Front (Peronismo Federal)
• Broad Front UNEN (Frente Amplio UNEN)
• Radical Civic Union (Unión Cívica Radical, UCR)
• Socialist Party (Partido Socialista, PS)
• Civic Coalition ARI (Coalición Cívica ARI, CC)
• GEN Party (Partido GEN, GEN)
• Proyecto Sur
• Freemen of the South Movement (Movimiento Libres del Sur, LdS)
• Authentic Socialist Party (Partido Socialista Auténtico, PSA)
• Republican Proposal (Propuesta Republicana, Pro)
Multi-party system at national and regional level
Nationally two dominant political parties: PSOE and PP
PP: mainstream centre-right
PSOE: mainstream centre-left
UI: left-wing group associated with CCOO
Multi-party parliamentary representative democratic constitutional monarchy
The Emperor acts as the symbolic Head of state
The prime minister acts as the Head of government
countries with multi-party system
Currently, Liberia has numerous political parties, in which no party has a chance of gaining power alone, and parties must work with each other to form coalition governments.
Single-state party system
The True Whig Party of Liberia is considered the founder of the first single-party state in the world, as despite opposition parties never being outlawed, it completely dominated Liberian politics from 1878 until 1980.
- Presidential republics.
- Republics with an executive president elected by a parliament.
- Semi-presidential republics.
- Parliamentary republics.
- Parliamentary constitutional monarchies in which the monarch does not personally exercise power.
- Dual system constitutional monarchies in which the monarch personally exercises power (often alongside a weak parliament).
- Absolute monarchies.
- Single-party oligarchy.
- Countries in which constitutional provisions for government have been suspended (e.g. Military dictatorships)
- Countries which do not fit any of the above systems.
WIKIPEDIA. Political Party. [En línea]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_system>. Consulta [12 December 2014]
CONSTITUTION FACTS. The first political parties. [En línea] <http://www.constitutionfacts.com/founders-library/first-party-system/>. Consulta [12 December 2014]
APUS HISTORY NOTES. Development of the two party - system. [En línea] <http://www.apstudynotes.org/us-history/topics/development-of-the-two-party-system/>. Consulta [12 December 2014]
Maria Ferreño, Pilar González and Melany Guillén
The Evolution of America's Major Political Parties
Before we start....
Political Party Origins
In addition, and in order to o conclude, a brief explanation/ summary of all that we have sponken about