Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Marketing Research on The Body Shop
Transcript of Marketing Research on The Body Shop
Doreen Tan Research unexploited target market needs to improve
The Body Shop current perfume offerings. Management Decision Problem How can The Body Shop (TBS) improve its current perfumes to better serve the needs of its target market? Issue 6: What is the customers’ perception and attitudes towards L’occitane, Bath & Body Works , Lush and Crabtree & Evelyn perfumes? Insight 1: Issue 4: How well do the existing TBS perfumes meet the needs of the target segment? Marketing Research Problem Approach &Research Design Issue 1: What is the demographic and psychographic profile of TBS target segment? Insight 1: Top 5 factors influencing perfume purchase decision Issue 2: What needs do the target segment who purchase mass perfumes seek to satisfy? Issue 3: How well do the target segment know about TBS perfumes? Insight 1: High awareness of The Body Shop perfumes Issue 5: What is the customers’ perception and attitudes towards TBS perfumes? Recommendations Price: no changes needed
1.Develop a longer lasting scent
2.Improve the quality of TBS’s perfumes
3.Expand its perfume section by introducing another line of perfumes or creating more diverse fragrances
4.Enhance fragrance packaging
1.Expand TBS’s advertising to include social media and mobile applications
1.increase points of sale and distribution Maybe..
- Quality: 3.33
- Scent: 3.63 No.
- Variety: 2.46
- Packaging: 2.38
Convenience: 2.29 Good!
- Scent Not bad...
- Brand name Much room for improvement...
- Shopping convenience
- Variety Brand Image
- TBS < Lush
- TBS = (the rest) Variety
- TBS < Bath & Body Works
- TBS = (the rest) Price
- TBS = Crabtree & Evelyn
- TBS < (the rest) Product Quality
- TBS = Crabtree & Evelyn, Bath & Body Works
- TBS < (the rest) Discounts & Promotions
- TBS < Bath & Body Works
- TBS = (the rest) Distribution
- TBS = L'occitane, Crabtree & Evelyn
- TBS < (the rest) Specific Components •What is the demographic and psychographic profile of TBS target segment?
•What needs do the target segment who purchase mass perfumes seek to satisfy?
•How well do the target segment know about TBS perfumes?
•How well do the existing TBS perfumes meet the needs of the target segment? •What is the customers’ perception and attitudes towards TBS perfumes?
•What is the customers’ perception and attitudes towards competitors’ perfumes - 3 Age Groups 25 – 34 years old 45 – 54 years old 35 – 44 years old Insight
- Daily usage of perfume by target segment
- Purpose: hygiene purpose and sexual appeal Insight
- Most popular media forms:
- Social media
- Mobile applications 35 – 44 years old Smell/Scent of Perfume Price Natural Ingredients Brand Name and Reputation Packaging of perfume Insight 2: Floral Scent is the most preferred scent Insight 3: Seek long lasting mass perfume 85% of survey respondents
aware of TBS perfumes 48% are between
25 – 34 years old 17% are between
45 – 54 years old 35% are between
35 – 44 years old Reasons for NOT
TBS perfumes 36%
Store Location 22%
Lack of Variety Insight 2: Low purchase rate of The Body Shop perfumes 20%
- Value-for-money: 4
- Eco-friendly: 3.92 Surveys In-depth Interviews Secondary Research +The Body shop Report
+Consumer Lifestyles in US
+Green Beauty & Consumers +Competitor Reports 6 Skype interviews
Current TBS fragrance users
Categorized results into 3 age groups Research problem Research Objective Research Questions Limitations Time