Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Propaganda in WWI
Transcript of Propaganda in WWI
-This of course was a lie. http://www.cleanvideosearch.com/media/action/yt/watch?v=4iFnce-4e74 http://www.cleanvideosearch.com/media/action/yt/watch?v=B6hRDS3LvQQ On April 13, 1917, Wilson created the Committee on Public Information (CPI) to promote the war domestically while publicizing American war aims abroad.
It blended advertising with a sophisticated knowledge of human psychology to produce government commissioned propaganda on a huge scale. One of the most important divisions of CPI was the Division of News. It distributed more than 6,000 press releases and acted as a primary conduit for war. "American Propaganda of the Great War (WW1) - 2nd Hr." American Propaganda of the Great War (WW1) - 2nd Hr. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Jan. 2013.
"World War 1 Propaganda Posters." Examples of Propaganda from WW1. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Jan. 2013.
"Firstworldwar.com." First World War.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Jan. 2013.
"Propaganda Critic: World War One Committee on Public Information." Propaganda Critic: World War One Committee on Public Information. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2013.
http://www.propagandacritic.com/articles/ww1.cpi.html The Beast of Berlin - Many famous American artists were often hired to create these posters
- Painted the enemy as an animal
- Used guilt to convince people that they should join, lest their children should ask about their war efforts. "Over there"