Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Harriet Quimby
America's First Female Pilot
- Born May 11th 1875
- 1903 Moved to CA; worked for Leslie's Magazine
- Made a name for herself/editor
- Invited to International Aviation Tournament
- Sept Night Flight
- Famous purple suit/flying in style
- April 1912/ Titanic Distraction
- 4/16/12: Flies Channel Through Fog
- Postmaster General: Fly with mail
- July 1912: Publicity Stunt in MA Bay
- Placed on the 50 cent stamp in honor
- 1910: Mousiant Family
- "I want to be a pilot"
- Rustic Pilot Training
- August 11th 1911 1st female pilot in America
(2nd in the world)
Want to Learn More?