Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Pyotr Ilich Tchaikorsky
Transcript of Pyotr Ilich Tchaikorsky
His dad Ilya was an engineer who served as a lieutenant colonel in the Department of Mines. His mom was the second of Ilya's 3 wives. Both of Pyotr's parents were trained in the arts, including music. His dad died unfortunately in 1880. His mom died in 1854.
On 30 October 1893 Tchaikovsky started the premiere of his Sixth Symphony, the Pathétique in Saint Petersburg. Nine days later, Tchaikovsky died there, at the age of 53.While Tchaikovsky's death has traditionally been attributed to cholera, many contracted through drinking contaminated water several days earlier,he might have also commited suicide.
Tchaikovsky began to compose operas. His first, the Voyevoda was based on a play by Alexander Ostrovsky, was premiered in 1869.The opera the Oprichnik, premiered in 1874.The last of the early operas, Vakula the Smith, was composed in the second half of 1874.
Help from the Wiki.
Pyotr Illich Tchaikovsky