Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What is Logotherapy?
Transcript of What is Logotherapy?
means 'meaning' Viktor Frankl was born in Vienna, Austria Frankl's Interest in Psychotherapy How can one find meaning? What is Logotherapy? Therapy
means 'healing' Logotherapy =
Healing through finding meaning Frankl's Theory Man's primary motivation in life: By doing a
deed or creating
a work By experiencing
or someone Attitude to
of suffering Frankl's important relationships
"Will to Pleasure" Alfred Adler
"Will to Power" “For the meaning of life differs from
man to man, from day to day and
from hour to hour.
What matters, therefore, is not the
meaning of life in general but rather the specific meaning of a person's
life at a given moment.”
-Viktor Frankl A WILL TO MEANING Why Frankl Decided to Stay in Austria Life in Auschwitz Conclusion:
Even Suffering is meaningful Basics Principles of Logotherapy Life has meaning under all circumstances Our main motivation is our will to find meaning We have freedom in the stand we take to
unchangeable suffering "Man does not simply exist, but always decides what his existence will be, what he will become in the next moment"