Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Wood Badge Problem Solving
Transcript of Wood Badge Problem Solving
Describe the Problem
> Understand Problem
> Quantitative... "Facts"
> Qualitative... " Feelings"
> All Three
> Overall Situation
> Describe what
Success looks like
> What is "solved" ?
Action Steps to Success
> Make a Decision
> Take Action...Forward
> Stay Focused
> Should be Quicker...and more Adaptable
> For More Immediate Challenges
> Results in a Decision
Advantages of Using
* Saves Time
* More Efficient
* Common Language
* Increases Odds of Success
* Everyone participates
* Think outside the box
* Piggyback ideas
* Consider Past Solutions
* Atmosphere of trust
* All Agree to abide by the group
* Assess & Evaluated Solutions
* Trial run then Finalize
* Acknowledge the issue is not
* Write a brief description
* Agree to come back to
the idea at a later time
* Equal # of votes for all
* If a list, rank the items
* Vote and total the scores
* Cast out low score choice
* Repeat until a winner
& Decision Making
And What's the
But What about Ole
Gidney of Gilwell?
They Can't Whittle!
So how will they make a Slide for their Wood Badge neckerchief when they attend Gilwell?
* Green Bar Bill Hillcourt was said to tell this story often and with authority from his work with BP.
Anyone Remember Day 2?
> Usually have a clear, defined goal
> Mission & Vision is often a Part
> Time to Execute is likely longer
1. Project Overview
2. Work Breakdown Structure
3. Activity Assignments
4. Take Action on Plan
5. Evaluation & Closeout
Problems can be...
>< ...within larger projects
>< ...independent of projects
Good Luck !
Projects can certainly
Project Planning & Problem Solving
are Different Processes
Official Wood Badge
Problem Solving Process
* Patrol Activity
(You Read ' Patrol Competition')
* 8 Stations each with a unique problem
* Shotgun Start!
(No Shotguns Allowed... Except Dewayne)
* Timed! Rotate in numerical order on the signal
(Anyone can stop anyone if deemed unsafe)
A Story of Francis Gidney of Gilwell
The Problem with Wood Badge Participants
Francis ' Skipper' Gidney
* First Camp Chief of Gilwell
* Organized Early Wood Badge
Courses under BP Supervision
* THE Active Trainer at Gilwell
Discovered a Major Problem with Wood Badge Participants...